Responsible Business Heritage
Pro-active environmental first movers
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of Rezidor's broader commitment to sustainable development since we launched our first environmental policy back in 1989.
Our award winning Responsible Business programme is now fully aligned with the company's core business objectives. It effectively increases our awareness and readiness to handle risks – and it works to reduce costs.
It is also designed to help us capture every available opportunity as we work towards our goal of being an industry leader with solid, long-term profitability.
Passionate pioneers of Responsible Business
- Creation and adoption of the SAS International Hotels' Safety and Security Standards
- First environmental policy driven by the SAS Group
- Launch of the Radisson SAS environmental programme with 24 action points
- Founding member of the International Hotels Environment Initiative
- Safety and Security Manual is replaced by the Emergency Management Binder in a risk assessment format for use in all properties
- Launch of the Responsible Business programme
- Monthly reporting of Energy, Water and Waste established
- Save the Children becomes Rezidor's corporate charity
- Responsible Business Action Month launched
- First Nordic Swan eco-label awarded to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo
- Rezidor Chairs the International Hotels Environment Initiative
- Rezidor wins the Worldwide Hospitality Award for Environmental Protection
- Development of an Internet based database for environmental legislation, with self-audit and quarterly updates
- Carlson Companies sign the ECPAT Code of Conduct against sexual exploitation of children
- First Rezidor Responsible Business Award is presented to the Radisson Blu St Helen's Hotel, Dublin, at the Annual General Managers' Conference
- Rezidor's Responsible Business programme wins the HOFTEL Owner-Friendly Innovation of the Year
- World Childhood Foundation becomes Rezidor's corporate charity organisation
- Rezidor is the first international hotel group to offer guests carbon offsetting
- Introduction of 3T Monitor Online Risk Management programme and the TRIC=S formula
- Launch of www.rezidorethics.com
- Rezidor becomes a founding member of the United States State Department Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) Hotel Security
- Rezidor signs up to the United Nations Global Compact
- Rezidor becomes World's Most Ethical Hotel Company
- Global alignment with Carlson on all Responsible Business and Safety & Security initiatives
- Rezidor named World's Most Ethical Hotel Company for 2nd year
- All hotels in the Middle East & France are fully certified with Green Key
- Rezidor named World's Most Ethical Hotel Company for 3rd year – the only company to achieve this recognition for three consecutive years
- Rezidor launches its ambitious energy saving initiative Think Planet with the goal to reduce energy consumption by 25% within five years
- Proportion of eco-labelled hotels in the Group reaches 65% (217 hotels)
- Rezidor named one of the World's Most ethical companies for the fourth consecutive year
- Start with Meetings Minus Carbon initiative and offset 10,000 tonnes of carbon in its first year in Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide.
- Rezidor becomes lead partner of the Youth Career Initiative.
- Rezidor named one of the World's Most ethical companies for the fifth consecutive year.
- Rezidor becomes a signatory to the UN CEO Water Mandate.
- Launch of Women in Leadership project, the company’s focus on developing more women in leadership position, as part of its employee value proposition. This is the group’s proactive mission to bring about a truly positive change in the company’s Diversity and Inclusion culture.
- WiL Copenhagen Steps Partnering with Safehotels Alliance for approval of self-assessments and certification of properties
- Rezidor named one of the World's Most Ethical companies for the sixth consecutive year.
- Introduction of Blu Planet for Radisson Blu. BLU Planet is Radisson Blu’s long term Responsible Business focus. It is a specific focus on conserving and protecting the earth’s priceless water supply.
- Introduction of Adding Colour to Lives for Park Inn by Radisson, a long term Responsible Business Focus to help and empower Youth At Risk.
- Rezidor named one of the World's Most Ethical companies for the seventh consecutive year.
- Adding Color to Lives wins UNWTO Innovation award for Excellence and Innovation in Enterprises
- March 13, 2017 - The Rezidor Hotel Group named 2017 World’s Most Ethical Hotel Company by the Ethisphere Institute for the 8th time Read more